REPORTS TO: Chief Brand Officer
*** TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS ONLINE APPLICATION: https://kesem.tfaforms.net/4638337 ***
We are a nationwide community, led by passionate and empathetic college student leaders, that supports children affected by a parent’s cancer with free, fun-filled creative programs and a lasting community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Kesem’s Brand and Marketing Assistant will be an integral part of a small team of brand and marketing professionals who work to promote Kesem’s programs and services, strengthen its brand identity, and shape a positive constituent experience. This individual will support our storytelling, visual identity, and constituent engagement priorities. Moreover, this person will provide administrative support to the Chief Brand Officer and team to drive greater productivity. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring marketing professional to be a part of a highly collaborative and productive team and to gain exposure to many aspects of brand and marketing work, especially digital marketing and research.
The Brand and Marketing Assistant must uphold and build a culture that continues to support and strengthen the following behaviors to help us realize our vision:
- Continuous learning – We operate with curiosity and a willingness to try new things, and we see our successes and setbacks as opportunities for growth.
- Accountability – We are individually and collectively responsible for advancing our mission.
- Resilience – We empower and support each other through challenges while fostering a spirit of joy and hopefulness.
- Empathy – We seek to understand and appreciate other perspectives and experiences.
Design Support & Video Storytelling – 40% (~16 hours per week)
- Support creative development, graphic design, and/or copywriting for print collateral, merchandise, and digital assets for use in marketing, advertising, and events with oversight from the Sr Manager of Marketing, Copywriting & Design
- Able to interpret creative briefs and own the development of strategic community outreach, communications, and assets for small brand and marketing campaigns
- Proofread and assist in the editing of design assets
- Provide video editing support for campaigns and projects, which may include adding captions and effects and removing content, as needed
Social Media Engagement – 40% (~16 hours per week)
- Able to interpret Kesem’s content strategy and, with oversight from the Manager of Marketing and Constituent Engagement, create copy and design for social media posts on all Kesem platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok
- Support social listening on social platforms and share insights with the Manager of Marketing & Constituent Engagement
- Track and report performance of social media content regularly and post-campaigns
Brand Management & Administration – 20% (~8 hours per week)
- Participate in brand planning sessions with members of the Brand and Marketing team
- Serve as the primary point of contact with Kesem’s external webmaster ensuring timely updates of web content
- Serve as the primary point of contact for seasonal student leader training on brand and marketing topics
- Archive and organize brand assets, including but not limited to campaign materials, chapter and national photos, etc., on Google Drive
- Become familiar with all department procedures and provide assistance to other Kesem staff, as needed
- Maintain and periodically check department emails and accounts
- Coordinate logistics and scheduling for meetings and department retreats
- Support special projects and tasks as assigned by the Chief Brand Officer
- Commitment to Kesem’s mission and values
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience
- A developing understanding of digital marketing technologies and channels
- Developing graphic design and web skills. Experience with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
(InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), GoogleAnalytics, and basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Developing video editing experience with FinalCut Pro or other video software a plus
- Experience with Pardot email platform a plus
- Strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and incorporate new skills and knowledge into daily work
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work and collaborate with others effectively in a remote environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
JOB ENVIRONMENT AND LOCATION
- This is a full-time position.
- The Brand and Marketing Assistant will work remotely from their home office.
- The Brand and Marketing Assistant must be able to travel. On average, the Brand and Marketing Assistant should expect to travel 4-6 times per year, all within the United States.
- The minimum annual starting salary for this position is $43,000, and any salary amount above this would be based on relevant professional experience in a similar career level role. In addition, Kesem offers a benefits package for full-time employees, including employer-subsidized health benefits, employee-funded dental and vision benefits, employee-funded 403b retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a healthcare concierge service, flexible work scheduling, telecommuting, PTO, Short-Term Disability, and parental leave offerings.
To apply, please fill out this application by September 23rd, where you can also upload your thoughtful cover letter and resume as well as a portfolio (optional):
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Kesem’s mission of supporting children through and beyond a parent’s cancer, and our vision of ensuring that every child impacted by a parent’s cancer is never alone, can only be realized through an ongoing, steadfast commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every part of our organization. To that end, Kesem makes the following commitments:
- To continually expand the communities we support and work with – our camper families, volunteers, staff, alumni, partners, donors, and boards – with attention to engaging communities we are not currently reaching.
- To strive for equity in delivering a transformative, fun, and empowering community that recognizes and embraces our differences.
- To aspire to create shared spaces that are safe for every member of the Kesem community to feel valued and respected.
- Kesem will engage in continued meaningful learning in order to better support our mission, and our growing Kesem community.
Kesem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $43,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote