We are seeking a Video Editor to help us create great content for our clients. The ideal candidate will have both a strong visual sense as well as an understanding of film theory and editing principles. A successful candidate will also have a keen analytical mind and a love of technology, as well as an interest in storytelling. All of these skills will be utilized to bring our clients’ brands to life with awesome videos, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside a talented team of creatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading it to a computer.
- Following a script, screenplay, or outline.
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs.
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage.
- Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file.
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring, and faulty footage.
- Working closely with creative directors to present a final product that matches the vision.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Must own a Mac or Windows-based PC or laptop.
- Willing to take direction but also come to the table with ideas for how to create the best graphics/videos for a client.
- Able to work with After Effects and create custom graphics.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Should enjoy and thrive in collaborating with a small creative team.
- Being flexible and willing to pivot when needed.
- Must have a reel or portfolio of work to demonstrate skills and abilities.
- Prior experience with and a strong video editing portfolio.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We’re seeking a team member who wants to grow with us and help create great content. We want to have fun when creating content and have it show in our work.