Associate Video EditorFull Time
Full Job Description
Do you have a curious, ambitious, mission-driven mind? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that depends on you for results? Then come join Big Think!
Big Think is the platform for thought leadership. On Big Think, you can explore the world’s biggest questions with the world’s biggest thinkers through incredible interviews, fascinating articles and amazing podcasts. We make our audience ‘smarter faster’ by introducing them to the world’s most inspiring minds and ideas today. Watch this video to see what we’re all about!
Our e-learning solution, Big Think+, is designed to help individuals and organizations navigate the challenges of the 21st century with agility and confidence. Led by the world’s foremost experts, our dynamic learning programs are short-form, mobile and immediately actionable.
Big Think and our e-Learning platform, Big Think+, were acquired by Freethink, a platform for people and ideas that are changing the world.
About the Role
As Associate Video Editor for Big Think+, you will partner with our Sr. Creative Producer/Editor to edit video lessons for individual consumers, corporate partners and universities.
Bringing adult learning principles together with engaging storytelling, you will edit video lessons from subject matter experts across our Top 21 Capabilities for Personal and Organizational Development in the 21st Century. Under the direction of the Sr. Creative Producer/Editor, you will edit videos on topics ranging from psychology and neuroscience to leadership, creativity, and health & wellness.
We are in search of someone who is organized, efficient, and able to keep multiple projects going at the same time while still adhering to Big Think’s outstanding quality standards.
Our talent development and onboarding processes will help set you up for success to learn and master your role!
What You’ll Do
Your role will include, but not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility:
- Evaluate – Review transcripts and footage of expert interviews to absorb material and determine lesson content and viability.
- Edit – Assemble 5-6 minute multi-cam video lessons in which you clean up delivery, rearrange soundbites, and otherwise optimize the expert’s teachings for online learners.
- Write – Develop clear and succinct in-video educational text that highlights and builds on key lesson points.
- Implement feedback – Work alongside our Sr. Creative Producer/Editor through a rigorous notes process to make each lesson the best it can be.
- Finish – Execute basic sound mixing, color correction, captioning, and formatting/encoding for various deliverables.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of video production experience in a digital production environment, working within a full cycle of production, from pre- through post-.
- Critical reasoning and problem-solving skills which translate into an ability to synthesize challenging material into digestible video lessons for digital learners.
- Desire to evolve your position and become a thought partner serving on an ambitious, mission-driven team.
- Superb video editing and production skills; experience / demonstrated interest in education video production a plus.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to develop clear and succinct in-video educational text.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects in a complex cross-disciplinary environment with quick turnaround times.
- A love for learning across a wide range of topics, from leadership and career development to psychology, creativity, and health & wellness.
- Technical skills: Adobe Creative Suite, especially multi-cam editing and lumetri panel color correction in Premiere Pro (After Effects and DaVinci Resolve experience a plus); 4K digital video production, ability to convert media according to different video project specs; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Office Suite and Analytics, SEO.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
- Fulfillment in working with the world’s most inspiring minds and sharing their ideas with a wide audience, including Fortune 500 companies
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
- High growth – Our talent development process is designed to help you master our learning strategy, methodology, and organizational ethos over the first 6 months to 1 year of employment, with the opportunity to grow into a producer/editor role within your areas of particular interest and/or subject matter expertise over time.
- In addition to fascinating work and the opportunity to catapult your career in a rapidly evolving industry, working for Big Think+ brings the added benefit of pursuing a “mini-MBA.” You will be exposed to the world’s most brilliant thinkers and business leaders, teaching the skills that earned them influence and success.
This is a remote, work from home position. Our core teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and DC are joined by a growing network of Directors, Editors, Composers, Designers, Journalists, Developers and more all around the country. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.