Full Job Description
This position is responsible for initiating outbound calls to potential clients from call lists and in follow up to incoming leads to qualify opportunities, based on prospect needs, and to set up calls for Account Executives. The Business Development Associate is responsible to penetrate new and existing markets as determined by market research, identify potential prospects, and drive their outreach and qualification efforts toward the goal of qualified pipeline growth and resulting revenue.
Lead Generation and Qualification
- Working closely with Account Executives to help build their pipeline by identifying early stage qualified opportunities
- Contact potential prospect companies based on outbound cold calling into core and expanded markets
- Generating a significant volume of live connects from these identified companies that are passed on to the Account Executive for further pursuit based on qualification
- Setting up conference calls between the Prospect and Account Executive for qualified opportunities
- Daily input of data to Salesforce.com from outbound activities including outbound calling, email, and social media.
- Updates should be performed on all Lead, Account, Contacts, Opportunities and Activity records in Salesforce.com daily as needed.
Minimum Skill and Experience Requirement
The individual must possess strong skills in the following:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Organization skills
- Good communication (written and oral)
- Cold calling into clients and prospects
- Problem solving/trouble shooting
- Salesforce.com /CRM experience
- 1-3+ years of experience
Knowledge of or experience with the following will lead to job success:
- Attention to Detail
- Multi-Tasking capabilities
- Ability to establish a business relationship with prospects when required.
- Volume Calling
Minimum Educational Requirement
Base Salary + Variable Compensation
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status