The client is looking for an exceptionally creative writer and editor to join our global Retail Engagement and Marketing team on a contract basis. The successful candidate will craft internal communications that inform, involve, and inspire a Retail team of more than 70,000 worldwide.
Our ideal candidate is a leading creative force and a vital team player, driven to exceed expectations on every project. From the big ideas to the small details, you deliver nothing less than outstanding work. In this role, you’re a master storyteller executing Retail’s internal comms and editorial engagement strategy across multiple platforms, always adhering to Client Retail’s tone of voice, style guidelines, and credo.
You will be part of the team responsible for the flawless ideation, development, and execution of world-class content, including articles, video and audio, live events, and digital broadcasts. You’ll also help create innovative experiences and programs for learning and development for our Retail employees worldwide.
- An exceptional creative copywriter and editor to support the REM team on comms, engagement strategy, and content ideation and creation.
- 5 to 8 years experience as a journalist or creative copywriter (either in creative agencies or client side), working on branded content.
- Rich experience developing content from ideation to execution across a variety of platforms and media channels, including advertising, retail, promotional materials, creative collateral, social, and digital.
- Experience creating compelling tactical and operational content without losing sight of vision and purpose. Whether it’s writing an operational update or crafting a smart tagline, you’ll be able to contextualize within a broader strategic narrative that helps teams connect messages to a higher vision.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas and technologies in an accessible, engaging way.
Meticulous about spelling and punctuation, with extreme attention to detail. Understanding of the customer/audience journey.
- Demonstrated passion for retail and storytelling, with experience in engaging people in a human way on a global level. As such, you’ll have a global mindset, broad cultural awareness, and a sharp understanding of news, trends, and entertainment media across multiple markets.
- Experience and/or interest in Web 3.0 is a plus.
- Craft innovative and compelling copy and storytelling, from operational updates to special projects and campaigns.
- Turn raw notes, ideas, and material into finely crafted pieces of content.
- Write — and where necessary, edit — inspired copy across various touch points and mediums, always in keeping with the Client’s voice
- Meet quality standards and guidelines while crafting meaningful and inspiring work.
- Collaborate with senior creative staff, writers, and other Client content creators on projects ranging from internal communications and event programming to learning experiences, video scripts, and digital assets for a range of Retail touch points.