Food and beverage site The Daily Meal is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team.
Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food and beverage content similar to The Daily Meal. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About The Daily Meal
Whether you’re dining in or dining out, The Daily Meal is your ultimate go-to source for recipes, entertaining ideas, and all the hottest food news. We’re serving up easy weeknight dinner recipes, party menus, and kitchen tips from experts you trust, along with all the details you need to stock your pantry with products you’ll love. And when you need a night away from the kitchen, we’ve got the scoop on the restaurant scene. The Daily Meal has everything you need to make the most of every meal.
- Claim article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum one year editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the content we share on https://www.thedailymeal.com/
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Work Location: Remote