LN Concerts, Senior Accountant IFull Time
Full Job Description
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com .
Live Nation’s Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales… we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support… it’s no wonder we are certified as a Great Place to Work organization and one of People Magazine’s “50 Companies that Care”. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
UNITY IN DIVERSITY
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to oversee management of payables, receivables, receipts, show settlements and venue financial statements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Oversee critical accounting functions for various locations which includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Process all receipts (e.g., Ticketmaster, box office, etc.) and record corresponding revenues
- Manage all money requests (e.g., wires, cash, show checks) for production and/or show settlement
- Review show settlement immediately following the show and work with operational field people who settle the show
- Prepare event P&L (or flash report) and event related journal entries
- Review and monitor Oracle event reports for accuracy
- Hard book shows no later than sixty days after the event date
- Make sure that all receivables, receipts, and payable items are processed and recorded accurately and in timely manner; participate in and monitor collection of receivables; submit and file rent calculations and lease payments
- Maintain barter file/log for all barter deals, preparing both transaction reports for each event and the quarterly barter activity report
- Prepare and file all applicable sales and use tax returns
- Prepare internal and external audit schedules (e.g., gross receipts, sales and use tax, etc.) and liaise with auditors
- Own G/L for Comedy Company and other club & theater venues as deemed necessary; prepare and maintain balance sheet and bank reconciliations; prepare, analyze and maintain P&L.
- Month-end close, accrual entries and SOX-required reporting
- Work with Accounting Manager in delegating work to AP/staff accountants to assist with all aspects of position as deemed necessary
- Assist with special projects as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Proven experience at Staff Accountant level within a multi-unit hospitality company
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
BENEFITS & PERKS – Our motto is ‘Taking Care of Our Own’ through 6 pillars of benefits:
- HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
- WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
- FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
- CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
- OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.