Remote Customer Service Representative
Login to bookmark
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.