Senior Research Associate
Advocates for Human Potential (AHP) is recruiting for a researcher who thrives on conducting research, exploring opportunities, and developing business opportunities. We are looking for someone to join our Strategic Development Division to conduct the background research that will help us expand our company’s portfolio of technical assistance and evaluation/research in the areas of public health, behavioral health, and health care. We focus on areas such as housing and homelessness, behavioral health workforce development, opioid use disorder, and vulnerable populations.
In this position, you will be a team member of the Strategic Development Division and will work closely with business unit directors and subject matter experts to collect, analyze, interpret, and present data and information about new funding and business opportunities. You will also assume responsibility for growing this research function and team. This role is ideal for someone whose strengths are to analyze qualitative data, trends, and develop strategies for funding. The work we do changes communities, systems of care, public health, and people’s lives, so your research skills will bring meaningful projects to AHP.
Who We Are
AHP is a consulting firm specializing in providing technical assistance and evaluation to a range of federal, state, local, and community-based agencies. AHP provides evaluation, technical assistance, and consultation to translate knowledge and experience into practical strategies that transform systems and change lives, particularly vulnerable populations. Our core content areas include public health; behavioral health policy; mental health and substance use services including prevention, treatment, and recovery supports; trauma; criminal justice; housing and homelessness; e-health; and workforce development.
What You Will Be Doing
You will conduct market research for emerging areas/new work and capture research for already-established areas of expertise. You will work closely with subject matter experts across the company to identify research needs. You will have the opportunity to hire and manage additional staff for this function. You will also manage all aspects of market/capture research, including:
- Collect data on consumers, competitors, and marketplace and consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations.
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences.
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis.
- Collect and interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations.
- Use online market research tools and catalogue findings to databases.
- Capture Research.
- Conduct research on bid opportunities, including information about potential competitors, incumbents, and funders.
- Search databases for promising opportunities and for background information.
- Establish search criteria, allowing you to build partnership with business units across the company.
- Develop and maintain connections with external contacts who can provide intelligence about business opportunities.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are needed to help you succeed in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in related work.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in research, public health, statistics, or related field.
- Understanding of and prior work experience in behavioral health, public health, and health care.
- Strong research skills and the ability to find, analyze, and consolidate information accurately and quickly.
- Search engines, web analytics, and business research tools acumen.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with CRM programs (Salesforce).
- The ability to organize and prioritize work while juggling multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues, building constructive and effective relationships.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AHP, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
AHP, in an effort to be transparent with applicants about salary and in compliance with various state pay disclosure requirements, publishes the following information which is current as of the date of posting. The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the AHP salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be high or low in the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and education. The range listed is just one component of AHP’s total compensation package for employees.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, AHP provides a variety of benefits to employees, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family, a retirement plan with a 3% match, student loan repayment assistance, employer-paid life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, and much more.
AHP is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.