Full Job Description
Social Media Managers are social-savvy professionals who focus exclusively on Social Media Marketing. They collaborate with their team members, related fulfillment teams, Digital Presence Managers and Presence Architects to ensure they drive a social campaign that creates engaging content, increases activity, and builds awareness.
- Setup and optimize social platforms for native social platform and search engines, as needed
- Create, schedule and optimize social content and ongoing social content updates for their accounts
- Execute against brand listening objectives – interactions/responses to social opportunities and review sites
- Promote social content while showing a high level of competence in targeting, placement and bidding via Facebook boosted posts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Emerging Media, PR, English, Journalism, or related subject
- 1 – 3 years of experience in agency or in-house marketing
- Demonstrated breadth of digital marketing knowledge with a strategic view on how social media programs can support search optimization, reputation management, and inbound marketing programs as well as paid, earned, and owned media goals
- Active and professional personal presence in social media, with working knowledge of each network and its best practices as it applies to B2B marketing
- Strong background in creative and innovating thinking and execution, with demonstrated capability for storytelling, creative content creation, and persuasive messaging
- B2B marketing experience, focused on small-to-medium (SMB) and/or local business
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Expertise in social media marketing, marketing tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, content publishers, brand monitoring technology, etc
- Analytical Thinking:
- Capable of methodically sorting through an issue and finding the right answer.
- Intellectually Curious–interested in being a knowledge resource for their teammates
- Able to organize time and prioritize multiple projects and multiple accounts in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must excel at explaining and simplifying complex concepts
- Understands how local business work and operate
- Is aware of how marketing strategies work for local businesses
Team First Mentality:
- Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements
- Tech Savvy:
- Must be competent in use of ReachLocal systems and tools
- Expertise in social media marketing, marketing tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, content publishers, brand monitoring technology, etc.
- Desire to keep up with social media trends and tools
A Winning Attitude:
- Must be positive and enjoy helping our employees and clients solve marketing, advertising and technology-related issues
- Must work with integrity and care for colleagues
- Must take initiative
- Will not accept anything less than personal excellence and excellence from colleagues
Gannett Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All decisions are based only on the individual’s qualifications/ability to perform the work. The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, nature and level or work to be performed as of the document preparation date; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, without notice.