Part-Time SEO StrategistPart Time
Full Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Part-Time SEO Strategist to add to our growing team based in Austin, Texas.
As an Part-Time SEO Strategist you will research, plan, develop, and implement SEO strategies for a wide range of businesses and organizations. You will monitor, report, and improve on SEO efforts over the lifecycle of the strategy.
As a full-cycle marketing firm, you will work closely with our marketing and development teams.
The Part-Time SEO Strategist position has the opportunity to progress to become a Senior SEO Strategist and beyond.
- Plan, develop, and implement SEO strategies that improve clients’ organic search engine visibility and performance using a combination of on-page and off-page tactics
- Research SEO keywords to optimize throughout client websites and marketing materials
- Set measurable goals and track KPIs through platforms like Google Analytics 4, Google Tag Manager, and SEMRush
- Collaborate with marketing and web development teams as needed for new strategies or existing client enhancements
- Advise on content strategy to help clients and internal teams produce high-quality website pages that are optimized for SEO performance
- Work with the development team to identify and implement technical SEO needs including page speed and structured data enhancements
- Work with marketing team to optimize client Google Business Profile listings
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly SEO roadmaps for clients
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports and discuss during client meetings when applicable
- Stay up-to-date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices
- 3+ years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods with demonstrable experience ranking keywords for highly competitive terms in local and national markets
- Experience with Semrush is preferred, but proficiency in any similar platforms including Ahrefs, Moz, Searchmetrics, etc. is a bonus
- Expertise in A/B and other testing methods
- Google Analytics (GA4 preferred) proficiency
- Experience with Google Tag Manager configuration preferred but not required
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.)
- Highly detailed and results-oriented
- Resourceful, critical thinker
- Good team and interpersonal skills
- Strong marketing and branding foundational knowledge
- Ability to collaborate with other specialties such as paid ads, copywriting, developers, and content producers
Position is 100% remote, and Workhorse is a remote-first company.
Along with a flexible schedule and generous benefits, Workhorse is just a super cool place to work. You’ll join a team of passionate and collaborative marketers driven by the goal of elevating small and medium businesses across the world.
Workhorse is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.